Bootable drives are essential requirement If you want to fix exiting windows installation or want to install windows from scratch. N0rmally Windows Operating system Installation media comes with a bootable ability but sometimes its most essential to have usb iso bootable as some terminal may not have CDROM.
In this tutorial, i will teach you how to make usb iso bootable for your windows machine. Yes, we are going to use an application for creating bootable usb from iso .
If you are looking to create a bootable USB drive for installing a new operating system, or just want to have it around in case you need a bootable system for computer repair, creating a bootable USB drive is as simple as downloading the ISO you need and the right software for creating your drive.
Use UNetbootin to Make USB Drive Bootable
Download here: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/)
To ‘burn’ an ISO image to the USB flash drive, follow these instructions:
- Install appliaction like you would do any other application.
- Now start UNetbootin Application from your start menu.
- Select the Disk Image and then ISO from the drop down.
- Now browse ISO image from your location.
- Confirm that Type is set to USB drive and Drive Letter selection.
- Click OK,it will take a few minutes to complete this whole process.
UNetbootin can be used to create usb bootable media for linux as well.